Teletherapy services are offered at Assential Therapies for feeding therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. Teletherapy services is the blessing we received through the hardships of this COVID-19 pandemic.
We are excited to say that we have had hundreds of successful teletherapy sessions with our patients through this past year. What started out as an alternate mode of providing therapy during the pandemic, has now become a preferred mode of therapy for several of patient families. Most insurances have allowed coverage for these services and continue to allow coverage at this time. As always we do offer private pay rates for families without insurance coverage.
Benefits of Teletherapy:
- Maintain health and safety of our patients and families.
- Access to services: Our specialty feeding clinic services children all over the state of IL. Teletherapy services have allowed our patient families, who drove for hours to get to our office, to access the diagnostic and therapy services through the comfort of their home.
- Research shows that teletherapy sessions are just as effective as face-to-face therapy sessions. Therapists are still successful in building a strong relationship with the families they work with.
- Facilitates parent coaching and generalization of therapy progress to home environment. Parent coaching is so important for a child’s success because parents can learn to implement therapeutic strategies in their daily routines, which allows for more opportunities for practice.
- Convenience: It definitely reduced parental stress by saving commute times and having to transport children from place to place.
The therapeutic services we provide are vital for many children’s success in life. If you want to keep your child on track with their progress, we are all here to help you. Please call our office for assistance!!